IDEA - Innovation and Design Experience for All
Bryant’s annual IDEA (Innovation and Design Experience for All) will take place January 21-23, 2019, when approximately 900 Bryant first-year students return to campus for an intensive introduction to design-thinking and real-world problem-solving.
The IDEA 2019 Leadership Team; representing dedicated faculty from both Bryant’s College of Business and College of Arts and Sciences, professional staff, and students; includes the following members:
- Associate Professor of Applied Psychology Allison Butler, Ph.D., IDEA Director
- Operations Manager for the Quinlan/Brown Academic Innovation Center Matt Kreimeier, IDEA Assistant Director
- Assistant Professor of Economics Laura Beaudin, Ph.D.
- Lecturer in History and Social Sciences David John Ciliberto, Ph.D.
- Professor of Management Lori Coakley, Ph.D.
- Amica Center for Career Education Assistant Director of Employer Relations, Scott Connolly
- Samantha Mazza ‘19
- Associate Professor of Communication Chris Morse, Ph.D.
- Thobani Nxumalo ‘19
- Center for Leadership and Involvement Associate Director for Student Event Services and Orientation Jess Raffaele
- Associate Professor of Management James Segovis, Ph.D.
Since the program’s inception, IDEA organizers have practiced what they teach, taking a design thinking approach to continuously refining and enhancing the three-day design-thinking boot camp experience. IDEA is a key component of Bryant’s immersive and uniquely integrated First-Year Gateway Experience, the Bryant foundation program built around fundamental questions about the role of the individual and groups in a fast-paced, ever changing world.
The 13-credit First-Year Gateway program is required for all incoming students. They examine Global Foundations of Character and Leadership, and Global Foundations of Organizations and Business, along with a writing course and introduction to literature. The Gateway program has been acclaimed by organizations including the Davis Foundation and Hanover Research.
Monday, January 21, 2019
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Wednesday, January 23, 2019