IDEA - Innovation and Design Experience for All
Bryant’s annual IDEA (Innovation and Design Experience for All) will take place January 21-23, 2019, when approximately 900 Bryant first-year students return to campus for an intensive introduction to design-thinking and real-world problem-solving.
The IDEA 2019 Leadership Team; representing dedicated faculty from both Bryant’s College of Business and College of Arts and Sciences, professional staff, and students; includes the following members:
- Associate Professor of Applied Psychology Allison Butler, Ph.D., IDEA Director
- Operations Manager for the Quinlan/Brown Academic Innovation Center Matt Kreimeier, IDEA Assistant Director
- Assistant Professor of Economics Laura Beaudin, Ph.D.
- Lecturer in History and Social Sciences David John Ciliberto, Ph.D.
- Professor of Management Lori Coakley, Ph.D.
- Amica Center for Career Education Assistant Director of Employer Relations, Scott Connolly
- Samantha Mazza ‘19
- Associate Professor of Communication Chris Morse, Ph.D.
- Thobani Nxumalo ‘19
- Center for Leadership and Involvement Associate Director for Student Event Services and Orientation Jess Raffaele
- Associate Professor of Management James Segovis, Ph.D.
Since the program’s inception, IDEA organizers have practiced what they teach, taking a design thinking approach to continuously refining and enhancing the three-day design-thinking boot camp experience. IDEA is a key component of Bryant’s immersive and uniquely integrated First-Year Gateway Experience, the Bryant foundation program built around fundamental questions about the role of the individual and groups in a fast-paced, ever changing world.
The 13-credit First-Year Gateway program is required for all incoming students. They examine Global Foundations of Character and Leadership, and Global Foundations of Organizations and Business, along with a writing course and introduction to literature. The Gateway program has been acclaimed by organizations including the Davis Foundation and Hanover Research.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019