Rhode Island Higher Ed Training Consortium
Being Me, Being We: Exploring the Lost Lessons of Relationship
This workshop invites you on a journey where you will participate in the experience of sharing your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and experiences of how you give and what you get in your relationships.
● Do you barter?
● Do you keep score?
● Do you listen?
● Do you control?
● Do you allow people to be themselves and find their own way?
● Do you accept them for who they are, without trying to change them to meet your “pretty picture” of what you want?
● Do you appreciate others?
● Are you free to follow your heart?
Let’s share what works for you and what doesn’t while we can discuss some deep ideas that may lead to positive changes to you and all those you are in relationship with. Many of us think we may be experts in all our relationships, but it is worthwhile to sit back and
share the good and the bad experiences we may have had, if we have a willingness to learn from our collective experience and hopefully wisdom. If you are open and willing, you just might find some tools that you may have lost that will improve all of your relationships.
Proposed Session Objectives:
1. Attendees will learn to explore the sources of their own personal attitudes in all of their relationships, but most importantly, with those close to them
2. Attendees may learn new tools in how to balance the needs to be an individual along with being in a close relationship with partners and others.
3. Attendees may be inspired to share the tools with others and create positive impact ontheir mutual relationships
A fee of $90.00 per participant will be billed to each institution, which includes parking and continental breakfast.
Parking will be provided on campus. We ask that participants follow specific parking instructions which will be emailed to all registered participants before the event. If you would like information on accessible parking spots, please contact us at email@example.com
If you find you can no longer attend, we always suggest that you first try to find someone else from your institution who can attend in your place. We are able to issue refunds for cancellations made prior to 15 days from the event date. Cancellations made less than 15 days from the event date cannot be refunded and your institution will be charged for your ticket whether you attend or not. You may transfer your ticket to someone else at your institution at any time, but please let us know if you do. Contact your Human Resources Office with institution specific questions.
Thursday, April 4 at 9:00am to 12:00pm
Rhode Island College Gaige Hall Rm. 200 600 Mount Pleasant Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island, USA