RIHETC - Developing Cultural Competency
1) Deepen their understanding of the significance of their own and other’s social group identities (race, gender, sexuality, religion, (dis)ability, age, nationality, etc.)
2) Understand key definitions and concepts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
3) Gain awareness of common dynamics for dominant and marginalized groups and how inequities get manifested on campus.
4) Learn and practice skills for talking about and addressing diversity and equity issues.
5) Become familiar with the model of Cultural Competence for Equity and Inclusion and how it could be used.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 9:00am to 4:00pm
Providence College 1 Cunningham Square Providence, RI 02908